Bernice and John "Jack" McMurrough
In 1947, Bernice and John "Jack" McMurrough purchased the then Osborne Funeral Home at our current location.
Osborne's promotional material denoting the company as "Furniture and Undertaking."
Jack also operated an emergency ambulance service along with the funeral home, this was long before the village had its own ambulance service. In the 1950's they expanded the funeral home to include the current main chapel expanding the facility to over twice its size.
Jack was a WWII Army Veteran, aircraft pilot and also served in the flying funeral directors of America. Bernice and Jack had five children Mark, Mary, Michele, Marguerite and Maureen who were all raised in Libertyville while being parishioners of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Libertyville.
Bernice and Jack's tireless work ethic and desire to provide superior funeral service continues in every family we serve.